Monday, November 8, 2010

Sticky "Wings" and Glazed Veggies



I got this idea from the ever wonderful Vegan Dad. Instead of making his seitan recipe, however,  I usually make my okara seitan forming it into wing-sized bits and baking it as usual on parchment paper, then coating each piece with Vegan Dad's sticky sauce and then putting them back into the oven to heat through and get all gooey. I also cut his sauce recipe in half, since I find it makes way too much for the two of us. Generally, I serve the wings with rice and vegetables. Here, they're served with veggies fresh from the farmer's market, glazed with 2 tbsp marmalade and 1 tbsp margarine. (Basically, just mix margarine and marmalade around in the veggies as soon as they're done steaming). Another glaze I like is 2 tbsp apricot jam, 1 tbsp margarine and 1 tsp grated orange peel. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment