Friday, May 17, 2013

Garlic Dill Salad Dressing/Dip

I just invented this dressing at lunch. It's delish. The measurements are approximate since I just winged it to taste. It comes out quite thick, so would work well for a dip as well.

Home made salad dressings are always WAY better than store bought, and take almost no time to whip up. This one makes about 1/2 cup.

1 tbsp honey/agave
2-3 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp avacado oil (avacado oil is expensive but delicious. You could also use olive or whatever you have).
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tsp dijon mustard
2-3 tsp nutritional yeast 
1 tsp dried dill
2 tsp dried parsley
1 clove fresh garlic
pinch of salt

Put all ingredients in a bullet blender (I used a mason jar attached to my Oster blender base - if you have an Oster - this works well). You can also chop the garlic finely and shake all contents in a jar until mixed.

I used this to dress a salad made of things I had in the house: spinach, romaine, onion sprouts, shredded carrot, chopped brown mushrooms, chopped celery, canned chick peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment