Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Green Smoothie

I read in another blog (alas, I don't remember which) that adding in a bit of vanilla extract will take away the bitterness of the greens in your smoothie. I tried it today and it totally works! I know some people hate kale in smoothies, but I find it just tastes fresh. I find other greens more obvious/bitter/bad so I'm glad to have found a solution. Here's the smoothie I made today:

Good Morning Chocolate

One generous handful spinach
One generous handful rapini or other greens
1/2 banana
1/3 cup blueberries
2 dates
1/4 cup oats
1/2 tbsp honey (or agave if you don't eat honey)
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 to 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 to 1 1/2 cups water

Put all ingredients in blender, and blend from low till high until smooth.

Mmmm... tastes very comfort foodie.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, this is good to know! I need to focus on getting more iron (apparently my iron is a little low since I've been drinking so much tea).

    ReplyDelete